Thursday, June 16, 2011

My creative space...

Guardian Pharmacy have been running the Guardian Angel Knitting Program for twelve years. They donate knitted and crocheted garments to a different charity each year. Last year, I crocheted a scarf. I have just started to knit a scarf to donate this year. 

This year, the Guardian Angels garments and blankets will be donated to Variety, The Children's Charity. A lovely person from my old work will be collecting the knitted and crocheted goods from a group of us and will be donating them by the end of August. 


Have you been making anything for charity lately? I find that it brings a sense of well-being,  knowing that my handy work will bring a smile to someone's face. Someone that I will never meet.  

Best wishes to everyone out there that needs help at the moment. Keep your spirits high.

For more creative spaces, head over here.



4 comments:

  1. No I'm not but you have inspired me to check out the link and start my own project. I love this idea, thanks for reminding me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting my mum next week and we are going to knit some mice for a cat charity! They need them because in the summer they have more kittens but less people taking them home as people are away on holiday. I love knitting and using to do something good just adds to the enjoyment for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pleased to hear that I have inspired you Beck and that you are going to check out the link.

    Also excited to hear about the knitting mice project for a cat charity - I would like to hear more about it. I love cats and it sounds like a wonderful cause!

    Best wishes to you both, Ames xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an inspirational and a great idea. It must be such a good feeling to think about the person who will wear it while you are knitting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails