Friday, March 18, 2011

Inspired by the cherry blossom

Image via 16 House

My friends and I made some crochet granny squares for Crochet a Rainbow to assist Queenslanders who were touched by the terrible floods earlier in the year. Sarah London has extended Crochet a Rainbow to help those people in Christchurch and Japan that have been more recently affected by devastating earthquakes and the tsunami.

I have started to crochet - I am inspired by the cherry blossoms of Japan and have been choosing whites, pinks and purples to make my squares.


Sometimes I feel helpless in these terrible situations as I am so far away. What could I do anyway - even if I was there? However, knowing that I can help through craft, and knowing that there are so many people worldwide that care, makes me feel part of a greater good. My deepest thoughts and wishes go out to everyone that has been affected by natural disasters this year. Stay strong xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails