Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Making Christmas cards

Well I finally got around to making our Christmas cards. I decided to go for a simple theme this year. It will be no surprise to my family and friends - it involves butterflies. I have used die cut cards and some scrap-booking paper for the infills. I then used black ink to stamp a message on the inside of the cards and pink ink to stamp a matching star or butterfly on the envelope. I also made some little gift tags using the butterfly stamp and a Season's Greetings stamp. Very easy, it has only taken me a couple of hours to make them and I am happy with the result. I have a range of pink ribbons to use on the gifts and I am looking forward to the wrapping. How is your Christmas shopping and wrapping going? Have you made your cards this year?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What fantastic work you do. I recently picked up some paper and envelopes that were on sale and I am going to try my hand at card making for the sheer fun of it all. It won't be for Christmas due to time constraints but I can't wait. I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of your lovely comments Clara :)

    Good luck with the cards - you will have to show us what you come up with xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails