Images by Tash and Ames
The shopping is plentiful and fantastic in Hong Kong. Everything that you can imagine is available at the markets, shops or at the malls.
Shop with the locals at markets including:
- Mong Kok's Ladies' Market (Tung Choi Street) which sells clothing, accessories and trinkets. We enjoyed the atmosphere of this market (even in the rain) and picked up some bargains.
- There are a number of wet markets and shops around Hong Kong. These provide the locals with live fish, animals and fruit/vegetables.
- Street markets where people sell food and souvenirs out of vans and trolleys in alleys and on the streets.
- Cat Street Market (Upper Lascar Row, Sheung Wan) is a laneway containing shops and stalls. This is the place to go for ornaments, jewellery and artefacts.
- Temple Street Night Market (Yau Ma Tei) is renowned for the shopping, food and nightlife.