Thursday, November 25, 2010

a different version of the case binding


This book was made using the case binding technique, which is a common style of bookbinding. The sections of pages are sewn together before end papers and a hard cover are attached. I have made a few of these - usually the case (cover) is in one piece. However, this one differs slightly as the front and back boards, which are covered in paper, are adhered to the cloth spine. The end bands were handmade using a piece of ribbon and cord, and then adhered on. Finally a bookmark was attached. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Hi thanks so mcuh for commenting on my blog, really good to meet new people this way. I think it's amazing that you can bind your own books, I like the idea of a separate front and back and would be tempted to cover tham with some glued on fabric instead of paper xox Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, fabric is the next on my list. I am working on some bound books that I can decorate with hand tooling at the moment, but I will get back to this style. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails