Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Crochet hat for Gus

right side
inside out
Happy Birthday Gus!

This hat was made with love for Gus. I have come to like this pattern as it looks fantastic with variegated yarn. I also like it because it is reversible - the design is slightly different depending on which way you wear it.

Instructions
  1. Make 5 chain, join with a slip stitch to create a ring
  2. 1st round: 11 double crochet into the ring
  3. 2nd round: 2 double crochet in each double crochet to end (ie 22 double crochet)
  4. 3rd and 4th rounds: 1 double crochet in each double crochet to end
  5. 5th round: 2 double crochet in each double crochet to end (ie 44 double crochet)
  6. 6th to 8th rounds: 1 double crochet in each double crochet to end (don't worry if it looks a but funny - just keep going)
  7. 9th round: *2 double crochet in the first double crochet, then 1 double crochet in the next 3* continue to end
  8. 10th round: 1 double crochet in each double crochet to end
  9. 11th round: *2 double crochet in the first double crochet, then 1 double crochet in the next 3* continue to end
  10. 12th round: 1 double crochet in each double crochet to end
  11. Continue to the desired length of hat (longer if you want a brim that you can roll up)
  12. Fasten off
Note: These instructions are based on a Patons pattern, that I have altered to achieve my desired result. I made this hat using a 7.5mm hook and Lincraft Veronica Yarn (as I tend to crochet fairly tightly). If your tension is loose, you could try a smaller hook. Happy crocheting!


4 comments:

  1. Gus loves his hat from Aunty Amy. He looks very cute in it. You are very clever! I will send you a photo. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. So happy that he likes it and I am sure that he looks adorable in it. Give him a big hug from me xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this hat and it seems quite perfect with the variegated yarn. Thanks for posting it on my Crafty Links blog and thank you for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clara, thanks for hosting the link on your site! I really love this hat pattern. I made it for three special little boys.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails